It’s hard to believe that 2018 is upon us and we are already wondering what the new year will bring. Can we really be Healthier and Happier in 2018 even though we are aging? Aging is not an option unfortunately, but how we age is. I’m sure most of us would rather live a quality life, than a long life with little health. That being said, how can we begin the New Year with better health?
Here are my Top 10 Ways to be Healthier and Happier in 2018:
- Stop eating junk food and GMOs. A genetically modified organism or GMO is an organism whose DNA has been genetically engineered to contain an INSECTICIDE, can you believe it? Research is now showing that gut issues, cancer, diabetes and many more diseases can be related to these new organisms just introduced in the 1990s. If you need proof, check out my post of what happened to the lab rats after being fed GMO wheat, corn, soy, etc. The Organic Consumer Organization says that GMOs have been linked to thousands of toxic and allergenic reactions, thousands of sick, sterile, and dead livestock, and damage to virtually every organ and system studied in lab animals including cancerous tumors. Important to note is that the longer you consume them, the more damage you do to your body AND DNA.
- Get a physical and have your hormone levels checked. So many cancers today are caused by an imbalance of hormones. An excess in estrogen in either women or men can cause a host of diseases. Read more here. Ideally, hormones should be checked minimally once a year. Usually your doctor will not test hormones unless you request it. You can also purchase the tests on your own at PrivateMDLabs.
- Make a nutritional smoothie every morning. Some people think this can be a lot of work, but it really isn’t. Minus the fruits and vegetables, I keep all of my smoothie powder ingredients (e.g. protein powder, brewer’s yeast, spices, flax seed, hemp, collagen, bone broth etc.) in one cabinet. Then just add non-GMO coconut or almond milk, mix and your done for the morning. Today we are deficient in basic essential nutrients because of our diet and poor quality soil. Even if we eat well, we can still be lacking necessary nutrients such as amino acids which are required for basic human function. Don’t forget to take daily vitamins and probiotics as well.
- Consider using only truly natural personal products on your skin, hair and body. We absorb chemicals into our blood stream that we put on our bodies. The skin is our largest organ. What we put on our bodies does matter and the effects are cumulative. Before you buy personal products, ask yourself, “Could this harm me?” I have now personally decided to use only natural soaps, hair dye, cosmetics and cream.
- Be aware of ElectroMagnetic Frequencies — Seriously. We are surrounded by frequencies that can change our cells. A mutated cell can cause cancer by accelerating cell division rates or inhibiting normal controls. As a mass of cancerous cells grows, it can develop into a tumor. The accumulation of exposure to wifi, cell phones, microwaves, cat scans, proximity to cell towers, laptops, radio frequencies, smart meters and more can change our health, so beware.
- What’s in your water? Since our bodies are at least 70% water and we need water to survive, how much do we really know about the water we drink including from plastic water bottles? Filtering with a high quality water filtration system is a priority in our household. Our filter uses a charcoal element to clean out aluminum, copper, fluoride, arsenic, cesium, mercury, lead and more. I do not recommend drinking out of plastic water bottles because of BPA leakage and I don’t trust companies who tell me that there is none in theirs, sorry. If you would like to find a natural spring, check out Find A Spring for the nearest spring to you.
- Detoxify. We have a lot of toxins in our bodies, whether it be from food, air, water and everything else we expose ourselves to out there. If we don’t, these toxins accumulate and cause many problems later on. Take salt baths, get massages and maybe see the chiropractor. Some salts have over 83 minerals and can regulate close to 325 enzymes which helps the body detox and heal. To read more on toxins, read my post about Hidden Toxins or Parasites and Fungus.
- Take care of your mouth and teeth. Make sure to stay away from silver fillings if at all possible. Silver fillings leak mercury into the blood stream. If you have small cavities, you may want to try oil pulling with coconut oil. The latest research reveals a connection between the microorganisms or bad bacteria in your mouth and cancer. Brush those babies!
- The Standard- Exercise. It would be an error to leave this out even though we have all heard this is important may times. Remember exercise isn’t necessarily always big workouts, rather daily walks, stretching, weights, bicycling, jump roping, etc. Find a friend to exercise with, it will make it A LOT more fun and easier.
- R & R or Rest and Relaxation. Stress kills, something most of us already know. Get more sleep to reduce your stress. Meditation on God can be spiritually rewarding and comforting. I’ve also written on sound therapy and relaxation techniques. You can try it here.
Yes, you can be Healthier and Happier in 2018! Beginning with one day at a time, you can make changes to your life, your body and your future one step at a time. When you feel better, your outlook changes…more optimism, more energy, more time for you. Wishing you all a healthier and happier New Year!