But don’t stop there, you’ll definitely want to read these health savings options…
Big Health Savings Option 1: MDSave.com
Big Health Savings Option 2: Life Line Screening
Life Line Screening often comes into your neighborhoods, local banks, community meeting rooms, and churches to offer discounted medical screenings at least once a year. I have also used this service and they are usually affiliated with a hospital in your area. You can get several tests done all on the same day at very reasonable prices. You can go to schedule an appointment on line or call them. They have an A+ credit rating from the Better Business Bureau. They print out a report before you leave to take home with you and to give to your doctor.
Life Line Screening utilizes state-of-the-art Doppler color flow ultrasound technology:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm screening
- Carotid artery disease screening
- Ankle-brachial index screening (for peripheral arterial disease)
- Bone mineral density screening (for osteoporosis risk)
- Complete lipid panel screening — Measures total cholesterol, HDL (“good” cholesterol), LDL (“bad” cholesterol), and triglycerides.
- Glucose screening — Measures blood sugar levels to assess diabetes risk.
- High-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP) screening — Measures levels of C-reactive protein, an indicator for cardiovascular disease.
- Elevated liver enzymes (ALT/AST) screening — Measures levels of ALT and AST liver enzymes, an indicator of liver injury.
Other screenings: kidney, liver, blood pressure, thyroid, some cancer and more.
Big Health Savings Option 3: Private MD Labs
Private MD Labs is a confidential no referral blood test lab. That means that you are not required to see your physician first or get their written referral. Their laboratory testing is direct to the public. Their model allows you to take charge of your own health and assists you in the prevention and early detection of disease. You can also choose a lab near your home or office.